Saturday 8 August 2015

Monkeys are Made of Chocolate, by Jack Ewing

 
 
I loved reading this book. It was the first time I had read this genre and it definitely won't be the last. I didn't realise just how rich our planet is at all levels of life, and have been saddened by our devastating effect on it. Jack Ewing gives me hope; what a simple, great idea to create wildlife corridors! Jack writes with the easy confidence of a man who really knows what he's talking about, but with the humility of someone thirsty for ever more knowledge. I highly recommend this, and am about to purchase his next: Where Tapirs and Jaguars Once Roamed.
 
Message to the author: I have just finished reading Monkeys are Made of Chocolate and want to thank you for educating me about the biodiversity of the rainforest. I worked as a tour guide about a decade ago and often walked in the forest near Rio Negro in the Amazon area of Brazil, but I have learned more from your book than I did in several visits there.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting article and I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete